ReCynocure (part 2)
So I quickly opened the gate and locked it behind me: For you can't be to careful in this day and age. Why it was just then that I heard a police officer blow his whistle as he rand down the next street over. Being my time to ponder on quandaries which ailed my mind the week before, I thought about the financial state of my business. The proprietor of the building I was renting demanded that I start to clean up the yard around the building; or was he wanting me to put in a new fire alarm system? I can't quite recall: It all seems so vaguely worse than before. Now if I am not to mistaken, he wanted me to move my business elsewhere while he renovated the entire building.
Well Doctor! Must not ruin a fine day like this with such speculative conclusions. So I gazed up at the sun which at this time had climbed up almost to eight o'clock. Wait, no! It was nine. As I soaked in the warming radiance, the diameter of the sun expanded. But this makes no sense. So I turned back to the earth where sizes are measurable and things aren't imaginary. Where science has the exact measurements, and where reason prevails.
At that point I chanced upon a poster which advertised a talk to be given by charles Darwin. As I turned the corner of my cobble stoned street, I followed the neighbor's brick wall that seemed to tower above my head more than usual. But this did not matter to me as much as the chance to see the hanging roses that climbed over like thieves. I slipped my fingers under one as though handling a glass of fine wine, and bowed my head to smell. As I came closer it grew till it's peddles engulfed both of my hands. What was going on? A aghast, I stepped back from the flower, which was now the size of a steering wheel. Picking up the pace I looked at a lamp post, and in front of me it grew till it was over the treetops. A pigeon on the wires grew to be a thanks giving turkey. But Doctor, not everything grew like this! Only those things that my gaze focused on grew beyond belief. Whether it was my pocket watch or a bothersome fly, my gaze was the very essence of gargantuan like reality.
to be continued....

A bit long
ReplyDelete