I am unpacking
For five years I have been packed in a suitcase. When I go somewhere I make sure that I can easily carry my things. My clothes stay packed and so do my toiletries. It makes me realize that I am just a pilgrim in this land. But I have also realized that in a way this shows my heart. I had closed my heart to those around. When I left I could leave without pain, but I knew there was something wrong. I was growing coldhearted. I prayed "God! heal me from this heart condition and renew my heart to be a heart of flesh for those around." He answered it. For as I left Andrews this week my heart was being pulled in two directions: It hurt, but this proved to me that God had worked a miracle healing in my chest. I am a human again and I can put the shirts in one drawer and the pants in another. I can invest love in those God has invested His all. If it breaks, it is the heart God has given me that will break as it has before. In this I take comfort.

Comments
Post a Comment