UK

I had been sitting for several hours on my flight to London when the conversation began. This man was going to Libya to collect on loans that he had given some friends. He was very apostleistic in his approach, and I let him be. My goal was to bring him to think spiritually, for I did not see him as the most devout Muslim ever. He gave allot of wisdom to this young man from America. As I talked with him, it became more evident that in order to make progress I needed to listen and add to what he said by giving variations and words of more specificity to greater fundamentals that he could draw from later.
We landed and Sam picked me up from terminal 5 in Heathrow. We got on the underground and went straight to Victoria bus station. Leaving Heathrow at 7:30am, we got to Victoria at 10:30am just five minutes before the bus left. After carrying my bags all over London, i crashed in my seat as the country side rolled by. I felt like when I spoke to people I was trying to speak another language. The accent had to be just right so that no one would think I was an alien. But London has as many accents as bridges, making it easier to fit in. I didn't think of that at the time though, and I kept my mouth shut as much as possible. As I dozed in and out, the fields of yellow blended in with the woods and pastures. The towns sped by, and with the help of puffy white clouds clouds, the landscape was covered with tranquility. All was peace; for now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts