Blow me where you will, but hold me where I stand. Send me out amidst the storm, but keep me warm and safe at home.
The trees wave their golden yellow leaves while they stand firmly anchored in the earth.
The ground still holds it’s radiant warmth from a long day of clear sunny skies as a coastal breeze pulls along the smell of rain. Off in the distance the horizon holds a dark foreboding with flashes of brilliant light. But I answer it with a yawn and a wink. I stretch my limbs out as far as they can go and take a deep breath of peaceful reality.
One drop, then another and another started to fall down on me. They were small warm drops and I just sat there letting them run down my face. The gentle pitter removes all filth from my mind while the patter works to drift my thoughts into the coastal waters of nod. Under a night sky I sit basking in the rays of a moon who will not keep silent. But
I pay him no heed; I don’t value his insight anyway. The morning light nudges me awake as the once ominous clouds change their hue to a cotton candy pink. Good morning, Lord! I say with a grin. What a gorgeous day you have here. Whatever you have planned, I can’t wait. I don’t want to do things my way today. So just show me where you want me to go and give me the wisdom and strength to do what you have planned.
Alright! Let’s go!

Comments
Post a Comment