Beirut

Etherial in the prospect of potential danger: Benevolent in attitude. The beloved city which is fittingly the Paris of the Near East. Babylon reborn, and western mentality incarnate.
There is no sleep for the weary, no rest for the soul. Eat drink and be marry! Rise up to play.
Such divergence of mentality and spirituality. You can find what you are looking for, and also brush by what others are seeking after at the same glance. There are churches on every corner at one end, and mosques in similar amount on the other: A city divided.
Freedom of apostlization, but only to guarded minds and hearts.
From this eye to this eye, God sees through the tinted windows that mask a searching heart.
I write this to you in the hopes that you will learn from another's experience; mostly my own. Keep in mind dear reader that if followed you may gain practical insight to stepping over a possible future stumble. Yalah! Let's go. Ministry in other places should be the same as at home. Therefore home is both the training ground and the final most important mission. yesterday BASS invited us to lunch and it was amazing. It was wonderful to see everyone again. But there was a group, like there always is, that wanted something more. I yielded and joined the dance. The music was old, but it had been rehab'ed to a new modus operandi. I danced with only men like it is in the old ways. But I don't know what effect it had on the other christians that just watched. I do know that there was nothing sacred, lovely or admirable about it. "Parade of me" would be a good description. This is secularism. God, why do I persist in going through mornings with only one verse read? Why do I go through the day after this selfishly holding fast to my power over choices to be made?
I would spend time in prayer and meditation with you. Guide me through the snares safely: Light my path and do not take your Holy Spirit from me.

Article
ReplyDelete