An Ethnographical Comparison on the Family of Walls

My answer was as vaguely let out as the reality adjacent to me. I must wait to inquire upon another of this barrie's relatives. Surely, being in the same family, they would have similar destinies.
"Please stand clear of the doors." said a voice in the ceiling of Heathrow's underground car. What an eerie sort of place you are. Your dark curvature seems tainted by the light from an incandescent torch.
How came you to take such an ignominious lot in life? For it was just yesterday I asked your cousin for an answer plain, but landed a retort surreal. Will you be more clear in your answer? Oh do! I waited patiently on my heavy brick red portmanteau. The underground was on a time of it's own, and who was I to rush the walls that cover. Light broke out as we emerged into west London. I must wait for another in the lineage of bulkheads to query once more.
As I stood in the cue at the rear of the plane, I peered at the door knob on the latrine. I then compared it to the one with the word EXIT on the mantle. Surly both barriers protect it's occupants, but then why the vast difference in form, in shape, in size.
As I waited, and after I was out of the cue, I chatted with the steward. I still wore my british accent, and for the longest time he was confused as to my placement. It was a game to them, and I was going to entertain them as well I could. We chatted about where he was from, and what, where, where, how, porque. Commonality reigned, barriers came down, and I seemingly became one of the crew. They even invited me out on the town once in Beirut. But I was starting to understand. It was not just one answer. Each one gave his own. An answer I was hearing more clearly.
As we drove down the throughway, there were billboards everywhere you looked. They advertised this, or that. Everything you did not even know you needed. But the one that caught my attention was what spoke out the loudest. He screamed of an injustice to the way of decency and family values. Why was this so much different? All the other posters were whole images of half clothed women. But this, a half ripped banner, was now a presage.
That last wall only became more meaningful as we passed homes with plaster over holes where bullets had pummeled walls that held families. Along the road were temporary barriers of sand bags and cement blocks for military outposts. Walls, barriers, fortifications; they all carried such different purposes and yet largely similar concepts.
A wall is a wall right? Look back I say. The first wall was for comfort and orientation. The second was for support. The third was for Protection and separation. The fourth was in the mind, and was for sorting. The fifth was for decency. The sixth was for protection from indecent people. The seventh was because decency had been crossed. Walls are not bad, walls are not good. Walls are placed for those that would cross boundaries set up at the foundation of the world. In a world of walls, I see how this family has come to encompass every facet of life. But odds are against you oh family of barriers. I have set my odds against you. Like those in my family before me, those who tear down walls, you will follow your ancestors before you.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

On June 12, 1987, President Ronald Reagan spoke to the people of West Berlin at the base of the Brandenburg Gate, near the Berlin wall. Due to the amplification system being used, the President's words could also be heard on the Eastern (Communist-controlled) side of the wall.
And on Nov. 9-11, 1989, the people of a free Berlin tore down that wall.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh 4 (for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but mighty before God to the casting down of strongholds), 5 casting down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ;
article
ReplyDelete