Same Old Same'ol
A stillness seemed to hover over the waters. If you have ever been in a cave by your self with no lights or sounds, you know what I'm getting at. The lack of sound seems to echo in the vastness of the space you occupy. It hums and grows, till your very presence is defining in the peace of this sanctuary of silence.
Well... I was in this sort of situation, when a still small presence filled that vastness and I knew that someone else was there filling this void next to me. But even though it was pitch black, that presence didn’t frighten me. It was like I knew who was there.
I could just feel a smile welling up from a face in front of me.
Then a voice spoke. It was deep as your grandfather’s voice, yet as peaceful and innocent as a baby sleeping. It was as gentle as a kitten’s purr, yet as commanding as a lion’s roar. It was as serious as you have ever been with your teacher, but also as excited as you have ever felt when picking someone up at the airport.
It said, “Let there be light.” The darkness ran, and a glorious light illuminated that smile I had felt grinning from ear to ear! It was not a harsh light like when you go from a dark room into sunlight, it was just right.
Then as I was directed, I turned my head down to the Earth as it spun peacefully down below. My ears heard a faint voice, and I looked closer to see where the voice was coming from. Then my eyes focused down and in, not as a telescope, for I still had my peripheral vision, but as though I could both be where I was and still see clearly what was far below. My gaze fell on a woman praying for her friend as if their very life was in danger.
I could now hear clearly what she was saying. She was saying, “God please intercede in my friend’s life! Send your angels to guard her from the powers of darkness and wrap your loving arms around her! She has had a hard time in her past with her dad, but become her daddy today! Bring her close to your heart!”
Then since I could still see the earth turning, and she moved out of my gaze. I was then drawn to another figure not far away praying just as earnestly. She was exasperated, and could not hold back any tear as her whole body seemed to react to her mental turmoil. Between her tearful breaths she would scream in anger and then fall into her grief as if arguing or fighting with someone. Finally she collapsed next to her bed and said, “God I don’t know what you are going to do with me, but I can’t take it any more! I can’t keep running away from you and making excuses! Please forgive me for what I’ve done in my life and save me from my self! You make the decisions from now on, I have no idea how to even go about changing.”
Then I turned my head back to where God was just in time to see His face go from a playful but joyful smirk, to a grin that seemed to say "finally" and then to the most caring and most excited smile I had ever seen. It was a smile that covered His whole face and tingled into His spine like a chill you got as a child from excitement. As His smile grew in it's splendor, He said in the most profound, earnest, loving way, showing the greatest joy, “Let there be LIGHT!”
Well... I was in this sort of situation, when a still small presence filled that vastness and I knew that someone else was there filling this void next to me. But even though it was pitch black, that presence didn’t frighten me. It was like I knew who was there.
I could just feel a smile welling up from a face in front of me.
Then a voice spoke. It was deep as your grandfather’s voice, yet as peaceful and innocent as a baby sleeping. It was as gentle as a kitten’s purr, yet as commanding as a lion’s roar. It was as serious as you have ever been with your teacher, but also as excited as you have ever felt when picking someone up at the airport.
It said, “Let there be light.” The darkness ran, and a glorious light illuminated that smile I had felt grinning from ear to ear! It was not a harsh light like when you go from a dark room into sunlight, it was just right.
Then as I was directed, I turned my head down to the Earth as it spun peacefully down below. My ears heard a faint voice, and I looked closer to see where the voice was coming from. Then my eyes focused down and in, not as a telescope, for I still had my peripheral vision, but as though I could both be where I was and still see clearly what was far below. My gaze fell on a woman praying for her friend as if their very life was in danger.
I could now hear clearly what she was saying. She was saying, “God please intercede in my friend’s life! Send your angels to guard her from the powers of darkness and wrap your loving arms around her! She has had a hard time in her past with her dad, but become her daddy today! Bring her close to your heart!”
Then since I could still see the earth turning, and she moved out of my gaze. I was then drawn to another figure not far away praying just as earnestly. She was exasperated, and could not hold back any tear as her whole body seemed to react to her mental turmoil. Between her tearful breaths she would scream in anger and then fall into her grief as if arguing or fighting with someone. Finally she collapsed next to her bed and said, “God I don’t know what you are going to do with me, but I can’t take it any more! I can’t keep running away from you and making excuses! Please forgive me for what I’ve done in my life and save me from my self! You make the decisions from now on, I have no idea how to even go about changing.”
Then I turned my head back to where God was just in time to see His face go from a playful but joyful smirk, to a grin that seemed to say "finally" and then to the most caring and most excited smile I had ever seen. It was a smile that covered His whole face and tingled into His spine like a chill you got as a child from excitement. As His smile grew in it's splendor, He said in the most profound, earnest, loving way, showing the greatest joy, “Let there be LIGHT!”

Comments
Post a Comment